Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Packing

Most of the day today was spent organizing and packing and making sure that I had all of my documents and copies of the originals.  Over the past few weeks I've accumulated lots of gifts for Marlen as well as her mom, grandmother, and brother whom she lives with.  I've also bought a few things for the kids and babies I'll meet when I'm down there.  I got everything out this morning to inventory and was surprised by the amount of stuff I had bought.
It took up most of my bed and made me worry about fitting it all in the two bags I was planning to bring (1 carryon and 1 checked).

Included in this pile were two very special gifts for Marlen.
A hand-made friendship bracelet (thank you Laura) and a cute cross bracelet I found in the church bookstore.

I've now gotten everything together though and, thankfully, I'm a light packer so it all fit with a little room to spare.  Now I just have to get to sleep tonight.  We're leaving for Atlanta at 7 and I should be in El Salvador tomorrow night around 8 (our time)- it'll be a long day of sitting in airports.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion