Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Challenge

Hi friends!  Today I have a special challenge for you.  Compassion is hosting a campaign tomorrow called 'One Meal, One Day'.  The basic premise is that you skip one meal on one day (tomorrow, March 27) and donate the money that you would have spent on that meal to go toward feeding the hungry.

I would encourage all of you to take this simple step to help eradicate hunger.  You don't have to give much, just the $5 you were planning to spend on fast food for lunch.  If you donate to Compassion's campaign, the money will go directly to feeding kids in Ethiopia where there is a huge food shortage right now.  But don't feel restricted to this one organization.  Maybe you would prefer to donate to Feeding America's meal program.  Or maybe you'd like to give to your local Meals on Wheels program.  Give to the cause that is closest to your heart, but please do this: experience hunger and give to those who live with it daily.


Please also keep praying for sweet Rosa, whom I am trying to find a sponsor for.

I posted before about my commitment to finding a sponsor for Rosa.  I now have some more information about this lovely girl.  Rosa is 11 and lives in El Salvador.  She lives with a single mom and one sibling.  She likes playing jacks, singing, and jumping rope.  She reminds me so much of my lovely Marlen, and I would love to find someone to love on her.

Please keep praying for Rosa and click here if you would be interested in changing her life as well as your own by sponsoring her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion