Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Proof of the Good and Call to Action

Compassion received some very exciting news this week.  An independent researcher studied the effects of child sponsorship through Compassion's program to see whether or not it really works.  The answer was a resounding YES!  You can read the whole article here, but here are some highlights:

Compassion graduates are more likely to:
Get and education
Have a white collar job
Be a leader in their church and community

than kids from their areas who were not registered in the program.

Now, everyone involved with Compassion can see the changes in our own kids.  But for any skeptics out there, there is now quantifiable proof that the work Compassion is doing around the world does make a difference in these kids and their communities.

So now for part 2 of the title.  Every year Compassion chooses one Sunday in the Spring for sponsors to share about the ministry with their church family.  Although I do not think I will be able to share at my church this year, I am going to share with you.  You can read up a little on how I began with Compassion earlier on my blog, The Beginnings.  I hope that those of you who have been reading along with me for the past several months have seen the amazing ways that my life has been changed by this organization, as well as the lives of the sweet kids the Lord has put in my path through Compassion.

Now it's your turn to change a child's story and your own:

This lovely girl, in my heart land, is waiting for a sponsor right now.  Please consider going to my Compassion Sunday page and praying for her.  It is my hope that in the next month I will be able to find a sponsor for beautiful Rosa who will be changed by her like I have been changed by Marlen.









9 comments:

  1. Very nice write up and I hope Rosa finds a sponsor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! Your post was beautiful as well and I loved the photography you added!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. This is very exciting news! I just got back from meeting my boy in Ecuador and it was AWESOME! You can read some of my experiences when you have a moment. www.mamacitalujan.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome that you went to Ecuador! I just got a new correspondent child from there so I'm hoping to learn more about the country. I'll definitely check out your blog!

      Delete
  3. I like how you shared the results of the study!! And Rosa is beautiful!! I hope she's sponsored soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! She reminds me so much of Marlen, I'm praying she'll find a sponsor.

      Delete
  4. I relate to the life change for me that has happened through sponsorship....it changes us forever....Thank you for sharing your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsty! I really believe that sponsorship changes sponsors' lives just as much as it does the kids' lives.

      Delete

Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion