Friday, January 11, 2013

A Letter from the Baby!

Today I came home to a cream-colored envelope waiting for me in my room.  As Compassion sponsors know the cream envelopes mean letters from kids.  I tried to decide who it might be from as I opened the letter.  To my delight, it was from sweet little Rhean from the Philippines.

Rhean just turned four, making her the baby of the family.

This was my second letter from Rhean, the first being an introduction.  It is a form 'about me.'  She lets me know that she has 2 siblings and she is the youngest.  She is 87 cm tall and her feet are 14.5 cm long (about 3 feet tall and 6in feet).  She circled that she likes to sing and play with dolls and said that her favorite part of her body is her nose (how precious!).  On the back she colored a picture of her house then her mom wrote me a note.  I will probably be communicating mainly with her parents for now since Rhean is so young, so I'm glad they are able to write.  Her mom tells me that they are doing well and thanks me for the letter I sent.  Since this was written in October, they had likely only received my first letter after I was assigned to write to Rhean in August.  She says that their family has 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a chicken, and that Rhean enjoys singing, dancing, writing, and drawing.  She also asks me about the classes I'm taking.  The letter is signed 'Love and Care, Angeline (the mom) and Rhean.'  So sweet!

I was so happy to get this lovely note today and will be writing a response soon.  

In other news, I am currently in the process of applying for an internship with Compassion in CO this summer.  Please pray that everything will go smoothly in this process and I will try to keep you updated as I progress.

2 comments:

  1. She's such a cutie!! I love that her favorite body part is her nose! And I hope that you'll be able to intern with Compassion this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! I know, I laughed when I saw that she put her nose- so cute!

      Delete

Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion