Sunday, January 13, 2013

Another Letter

Well this weekend has become extra exciting since I got another letter in the mail.  I often go weeks without letters so two days in a row is a special treat.  This one was from my sweet Marlen in El Salvador.

Marlen just turned 11.

The letter was written on Nov. 12.  She writes, "Hello dear friend Emily, on this occasion I want to write to you about my project.  (On their forms they can choose what theme to write about.)  It is called Generation for Christ and we have 413 children.  (Wow, that seems like a lot of kids!)  My tutor is ... Some benefits that we have are celebrating birthday parties, camps, Christmas dinner, food, shoes, medical checks, dental checks, and clinic tests.  The thing I like most is learning and having fun with my friends.  I'm so thankful for the project because they give us a lot of attention and they teach us how to be a good person.  I want to thank you for the letter you sent me.  I like your church and I want to ask if you serve in any ministry.  (I sent letters to all the kids last fall talking about my church.)I want to ask you to please pray for my family so that they can seek more about God and I will pray for you.  I want to tell you that I'm so happy to attend the bakery workshop.  They teach us the different types of flour and the amount of ingredients that we have to use in the different recipes to make the bread so delicious.  Well, I want to say goodbye, with love, God bless you, Marlen."

She also drew a cute picture of her in the bakery making lots of yummy treats.  
I love Marlen's letters because they are always so full of information (she uses every line on the paper) and so loving.  I am thankful to have this sweet girl in my life!

If you sponsor a child, set aside a few minutes this week to write to them.  Even if you don't hear back for a few months, your words mean so much to your kids!

2 comments:

Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion